An excellent opportunity is now available for the following position:
Junior Vision Systems Engineer
The successful candidate will work with a team of Automation Engineers to integrate cutting-edge machine vision technology into bespoke medical device machinery. The design, installation, and testing of vision systems is the primary focus of this role, with research and development of new vision technologies being a supporting task.
He/she will be tasked with the specification of appropriate lighting, lenses, cameras, and image analysis software to suit a wide range of challenging applications. Typically utilising smart cameras from Cognex and Keyence with a customised optical system to achieve the best possible image for the inspection task. Working closely with the engineering design team on the development of process flow diagrams, software design specifications and test plans will also be an integral part of the role.
- Third-level qualification in electronics, automation, computer science, or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in hands-on Vision System Design/Integration or Computer Vision Application Development.
- Required experience in one or more of Cognex In-Sight, MvTec Halcon, Keyence CV-X, OpenCV(C++ or Python), TensorFlow, Beckhoff TwinCat Vision.
- A fundamental understanding of:
• Imaging lenses and other optical components such as filters/polarizers etc.
• Machine vision illumination types, the influence of wavelength in imaging applications.
• Camera sensor types, sensor format, resolution, acquisition speed (shutter speed) etc.
• Key concepts used in image analysis such as edge detection, contours, blobs, flaw detection, filtering etc.
- IT Technology Skills: Comfortable with IP setting configuration, diagnosing network issues, and traffic monitoring.
- An understanding of industrial communication protocols(Ethernet I/P, Profinet, Ethercat etc.)
- PLC integration experience is an advantage but not essential (Allen Bradley, Beckhoff, Siemens).
- Robotics integration experience is an advantage but not essential (Kuka, ABB, Fanuc).
- Work as part of a project team who designs and builds new automated machines to meet customer-specific requirements.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Self-motivated individual with a deadline-oriented focus.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Current driving license and flexible to travel as required.
- Experience with photography/videography (DSLR, SLR) is a transferable skill that would be taken into account for this role.
- Develop, install, and debug vision systems for new machines and updates to existing machines in line with specified customer requirements including system integration and testing of same within the final machine to GAMP 5 level.
- Ensure all work carried out, complies with the required standards, conforming to company (cGMP).
- Analyse, understand, fault-find, and modify software programs in-house, on the customer site, and remotely.
- Support the development of automation documentation including process flow diagrams, support software design specification, automation test plans, and electrical sheets with IO lists for automation projects working closely with the allocated project team.
- Specify vision system hardware for projects with support/review from the Automation Manager
- Ensure focus on the key principles of software quality – maintainability, dependability, efficiency & usability in terms of code structure, documentation, revision history, and storage.
- Review and recommend changes to machine design as per software requirements/implications.
- The Vision Systems Engineer will work and communicate closely with the automation team both in-house and external developers, project designers, electricians, and operations to ensure all inputs and requirements are considered and projects of a high quality that comply with standards are delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for completing automation tasks within budget and schedule.
- Reporting on all project activity ensuring an up-to-date project status is readily available.
- Authorised to carry out installations and to support the installation team, as required.
- Support/Train more junior staff (where applicable) to ensure customer end goals are achieved.
- Attend meetings as required to ensure full and up-to-date knowledge of requirements from an automation perspective, also giving input as required and addressing any follow-up on actions.
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of different automation systems and new technologies.
- Provide technical support to customers remotely and visit their sites when required.
- Complete records and follow procedures in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
- Attractive salary in line with experience.
- Receive in-depth training and practical experience working in the most sought-after field of industrial automation, machine vision.
- Health Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Training and Educational Assistance
- Day off on your Birthday
If you are interested in pursuing a career in a highly progressive, dynamic, and team-orientated environment, please submit your CV to email@example.com or contact Paula Power at +353 (0)86 0147680 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 26th January 2024.