An excellent opportunity is now available for the following position:
Technical Sales Engineer
The successful candidate will report to the Business Development and Innovation Manager and will actively generate sales leads and promote automation solutions to new and existing customers. He/she will generate customer proposals and will follow through to transfer of knowledge to the Design Team. Development of knowledge, expertise and an understanding of customer requirements with the ability to offer new and innovative solutions is also an important aspect of the role.
- Third level relevant qualification in a Business or Technical Discipline.
- 3-5 years in a sales lead/business development role, essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify potential customers and generate leads.
- Strong knowledge to understand customer requirements and offer solutions.
- Knowledge and use of CRM platform – Hubspot.
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of drive and initiative.
- Generate sales leads and actively promote DesignPro automation solutions and engineering services to new and existing customers in agreed regions or sectors, utlising the support of the Marketing team who produce and provide assets and materials as required.
- Generate customer proposals, ensuring a high level of quality and efficiency to meet the agreed timeframe and suitable cost to customers.
- Taking a customer’s proposed project from (RFQ) request for Quotation to a proposal stage, ensuring customer confidence in DesignPro’s ability to deliver the required solution.
- Once projects have been won, ensure the conceptual proposal is passed on to the Design team, ensuring full knowledge transfer and understanding of the pricing.
- Identify opportunities for the business and support relevant DesignPro teams to convert such opportunities into profitable successful projects.
- Expand relationships with existing customers thereby increasing revenues and profitability.
- Develop knowledge and expertise regarding customer applications of DesignPro Products & Services across the complete portfolio and seek out new and innovative solutions to propose to customers.
- Manage and upkeep the company CRM tool (Hubspot) on a daily basis, ensuring all opportunities, deals and new inquiries are being captured, recorded, tracked correctly and are up to date at all times.
- Generate sales reports as necessary, e.g. contacts, plans and forecasts (in conjunction with Finance), competitor intelligence (with support from Marketing).
- In conjunction with the Department Manage, maintain a sales pipeline forecast and ensure individual sales targets/KPIs are achieved.
- Convert engineering service leads assigned to you plus pro-actively source and develop new business sales leads in Automation with a particular focus on the Medtech sector.
- Support the continued business development of the company’s engineering services.
- Support the company in the growth of key sectors defined by Management for example in the area of Complex Automation Projects for Medtech new technology and other support service opportunities with key customers.
- Attend monthly sales and marketing meetings, providing updates on the pipeline and inquiries all through the CRM.
- Complete records and follow procedures in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to health and safety policy
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to email@example.com or contact the HR Department on +353 (0)69 63842 Ext. 312 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 13th October 2023.