An excellent opportunity is now available for the following position:
Reporting to the R&D Supervisor, the successful candidate will be a key support in the development of projects in the R&D Department. He/she will be involved in prototyping, development testing, basic program development, trouble shooting and validation of R&D projects. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved with new innovative technologies and approaches.
- Minimum level 6 qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Strong technical ability.
- Ability to trouble shoot electro/mechanical/pneumatic issues.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with exposure to data analysis.
- Analytical testing techniques.
- Strong documentation and report writing skills.
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of initiative.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office suite.
- Support the R&D Department in the development of projects.
- Assists in the prototyping, development testing, trouble shooting and validation of R&D projects.
- Liaise and work effectively with the internal departments ensuring that all inputs and requirements are considered.
- Liaise and work effectively on R&D assignments for third level institutions.
- Liaise and work effectively with Customers on their requirements.
- Compile project reporting on project outcome.
- Development of URS documents.
- Support Marketing on trade events, and getting equipment for these.
- Provide progress updates to Supervisor/Designer.
- Mechanical lead on projects.
- Use and knowledge of Robotics and Vision units within R&D.
- Compile & keep R&D asset list updated.
- Project manage aspects of projects.
- Basic knowledge of robotics and vision systems would be a distinct advantage.
- Work with Marketing to promote the R&D department for future business.
- Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
- Completion of Quality Management System records in order to maintain effective QMS.
- Travel to customer sites when required.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR Department on +353 (0)69 63842 Ext. 312 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 29th November, 2019.