An excellent opportunity is now available for the following position:
This role will provide central engineering support to production on all project builds which will involve close liaison between production, design, and internal departments, providing strong technical input, engineering support and expertise. Early identification of manufacturability issues, risk analysis, problem-solving and driving innovative technical solutions and process improvement will be a key aspects of this role. He/she will actively be involved in the debug and test phase ensuring all pre-FAT /testing and validation documentation is completed. He/she will lead, co-ordinate and support the installation team, which will involve travelling to customer sites for installations, as required and will also ensure that all associated installation documentation is issued to the customer and completed on time.
This is an opportunity for an individual with drive, determination and passion to be involved with new innovative technologies and approaches for manufacturing of the future
- Third level qualification in a manufacturing, process, mechanical engineering or other relevant related discipline.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar manufacturing engineering role.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving and decision-making skills including Lean Six Sigma proficiency.
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of initiative.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, verbal communication and written communication skills.
- Is committed to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office suite.
- To support Production Management in the provision of engineering expertise throughout all phases of the machine build.
- Work closely with the Design team on all manufacturability and test and debug matters, giving strong input to ensure the smooth transition of all projects from production through to test & debug, signoff and installation.
- Carry out an active role in the early identification of manufacturability/design issues, risk analysis, problem-solving and drive the prompt resolution of same. This will involve the creation of a risk register for each project that is used during the test phase to focus priorities for the debug of the machine keeping in mind the people/product/process as well as the end user.
- Provide high end technical guidance, mentoring and support to the production team using lean principle techniques and tools e.g fishbone and 5 Whys for the resolution of manufacturing issues and capturing information in the debug process. Ensure information transfer to the whole team during each phase in preparation for the test (pre-FAT) stage.
- To support Production Management in the provision of debug and test engineering expertise throughout all phases of the machine build including final test and debug, while taking an active leadership role in this phase and updating Project Management on the stages of progress, ensuring all pre-FAT/testing and validation documentation is created and executed.
- Identify and conduct risk assessments for machines/processes in the manufacturing area as well as the machine installation, in conjunction with the Production Manager and Health & Safety.
- Work closely with Project Management on the timelines associated with the phases of the project.
- Lead, co-ordinate and support the installation team, ensuring the installation documentation has been issued to the client prior to shipping thus allowing preparation on site. Create the associated onsite installation documentation (RAMS) and issue to the client after the FAT is completed. Execute SAT of the machine after installation is completed.
- Direct onsite contact for the client within DesignPro production thus executing the FAT and carry out any required training of their personnel. Training documentation to be created in conjunction with Technical Documentation Department.
- Take a proactive approach to new and innovative technologies, liaising closely with internal departments.
- Manage and/or support projects and other initiatives, of a technical or non-technical nature, working closely with cross functional teams as required.
- Adhere to company standards for quality assurance and quality control including documents and procedures.
- Ensure all work is carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in a highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR Department at +353 (0)69 63842 Ext. 312 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 11th May, 2022.