An excellent opportunity is now available for the following position:
The successful candidate will require a third-level engineering qualification in a mechanical, manufacturing, or other related engineering discipline with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a hands-on technical or manufacturing engineering role. This role will provide central engineering support to production on all project builds, which will involve close liaison between production, design, and internal departments, providing strong technical input, engineering support, and expertise. Early identification of manufacturability issues, risk analysis, problem-solving, and driving innovative technical solutions and process improvement will be key aspects of this role.
He/she will actively be involved in the debug and test phases, ensuring all pre-FAT and testing documentation is completed. He/she will support the installation team, which will involve travelling to customer sites for installations as required, and will also ensure that all associated installation documentation is completed on time.
This is an opportunity for an individual with drive, determination, and passion to be involved with new innovative technologies and approaches for manufacturing in the future.
- Third level qualification in mechanical, mechatronics, manufacturing, process engineering, or other relevant related discipline.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a technical or manufacturing engineering role.
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills with Lean Six Sigma proficiency.
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of initiative.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Is committed to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite.
- To support in the provision of engineering expertise throughout all phases of machine development.
- Work closely with the Design Engineering function on all manufacturability matters, giving strong input from a manufacturing engineering perspective to ensure the smooth transition of all projects into production.
- In conjunction with Production Management/Supervision, play an active role in the smooth transition of all projects from design to production, being instrumental in supporting and providing tools to production for the resolution of manufacturing issues throughout the entire production phase. Trouble shooting – fishbone and 5 Why’s approach.
- Carry out an active role in the early identification of manufacturing issues, risk analysis, problem solving and drive the prompt resolution of same before the test & debug phase.
- Provide support to the Assembly Team for complex builds and as required.
- Comprehend technical documentation drawings, operating instructions and schematics.
- Identify and conduct risk assessments for machines/processes in the manufacturing area in conjunction with the Production Manager and Health & Safety.
- Work with the team in the debug and testing sections of the project to get issues resolved.
- Authorised to carry out Pre-FAT and support FAT and SAT on the customer site.
- Authorised to carry out installations and to support the installation team, as required.
- Provide high end technical guidance, mentoring and support to the production team and also assist if needed with the installation of systems on client sites.
- Provide mentoring, support, and guidance to the Apprentices in Manufacturing throughout the on-the-job phases of the apprenticeship.
- Initiate and lead the improvement and optimisation of production processes and systems using lean principle techniques.
- Manage and/or support projects and other initiatives of a technical or non-technical nature, working closely with cross-functional teams as required.
- Ensure efficiency to the highest level in planning and approach throughout projects and drive to achieve better leaner methods and standards.
- Produce and assist in the development of technical/engineering documentation in the Production/Manufacturing area.
- Adhere to company standards for quality assurance and quality control, including documents and procedures.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with health and safety policy.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in a highly progressive, dynamic, and team-orientated environment, please submit your CV to email@example.com or contact Paula Power at +353 (0)86 0147680 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 15th March 2024.