An excellent opportunity is now available for the following position:
The successful candidate will carry out the role of manufacturing engineer, providing a central engineering support to production on all project builds. The role will liaise closely between production, design, and internal departments including R & D, providing strong technical input, engineering support and expertise. Early identification of manufacturability issues, risk analysis, problem solving and driving innovative technical solutions and process improvement will be a key aspect of this role. This is an opportunity for an individual with drive, determination and passion to be involved with new innovative technologies and approaches for manufacturing of the future. This role is ideally suited to an individual with drive and passion to take on a senior role in manufacturing after a 12 month period, following demonstrated performance and results.
- Third level qualification in a manufacturing, process, mechanical engineering or other relevant related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar manufacturing engineering role.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving and decision-making skills including Lean Six Sigma proficiency.
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of initiative.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, verbal communication and written communication skills.
- Is committed to continuous improvement and innovation.
- Computer skills –Microsoft office suite.
- To support Production Management in the provision of engineering expertise throughout all phases of the machine build.
- Work closely with the Design Engineering function on all manufacturability matters, giving strong input from a manufacturing engineering perspective to ensure the smooth transition of all projects into production.
- In conjunction with Production Management/Supervision, play an active role in the smooth transition of all projects from design to production, being instrumental in supporting and providing tools to production for the resolution of manufacturing issues throughout the entire production phase.
- Carry out an active role in the early identification of manufacturability issues, risk analysis, problem solving and drive the prompt resolution of same.
- Provide high end technical guidance, mentoring and support to the production team.
- Work closely with the Production Supervisor on the identification of the technical training needs of the team and on the daily planning of tasks for individual team members.
- Initiate and lead the improvement and optimisation of production processes and systems using lean principle techniques.
- Manage and/or support projects and other initiatives, of a technical or non-technical nature, working closely with cross functional teams as required.
- Take a proactive approach to new and innovative technologies, liaising closely with internal departments including R & D.
- Produce and assist in the development of technical/engineering documentation in the Production area.
- Adhere to company standards for quality assurance and quality control including documents and procedures.
- Ensure all work is carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR Department on +353 (0)69 63842 Ext. 312 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 31st July, 2019.