An excellent opportunity is now available for the following position:
Junior Electrical Engineer
As a Junior Electrical Engineer at DesignPro Automation and with the support of senior engineers, you will play a vital role in the design, development, and implementation of electrical systems for our cutting-edge machines. Working closely with a team of experienced engineers, you will gain valuable hands-on experience, enhance your technical skills, and contribute to creating state-of-the-art industrial solutions. This role offers an excellent opportunity for growth and career advancement within our dynamic and innovative organisation.
- Third level qualification in Electrical/Electronic engineering, Electrical Apprenticeship, or other relevant electrical design related discipline.
- 0-2 years’ experience in an electrical engineer role.
- Strong understanding of electrical circuits, components, and control systems. Familiarity with PLC programming, HMI design, and electrical CAD software (e.g., AutoCAD Electrical, EPLAN, Solidworks Electrical) is desirable.
- Knowledge of Standards – EN 60204-1, EN 13849-1, EN 60947-1 to -8.
- Proactive, excellent communication skills with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team.
- Understanding of safety standards and regulations relevant to electrical systems.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electrical problems and participate in root cause analysis.
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of initiative.
- Previous internship or work experience in an electrical engineering role within a machine building or manufacturing environment is an advantage.
- Electrical Design: Collaborate with senior engineers to create electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and layouts for machine control systems. Assist in the selection of appropriate electrical components and ensure compliance with industry standards and regulations. Create I//O lists based on mechanical design and client requirements.
- Component Selection: Assist in the selection and sourcing of electrical
- components and systems, considering factors such as performance, cost, and reliability.
- System Integration: Integrate electrical systems with mechanical components and automation software, ensuring seamless operation and compatibility across the entire machine.
- Testing and Troubleshooting: Conduct thorough testing and debugging of electrical systems to identify and resolve issues, ensuring machines meet performance and reliability expectations.
- Electrical Documentation: Generate comprehensive documentation, including BOM’s (Bill of Materials), allocation of stock, wiring diagrams, user manuals, and technical specifications, to facilitate manufacturing, installation, and maintenance processes.
- Safety Compliance: Ensure all electrical designs comply with relevant safety standards and regulations, implementing protective measures to mitigate potential hazards.
- Continuous Improvement: Contribute to the continuous improvement of existing designs, processes, and methodologies, leveraging innovative technologies and best practices.
- Commissioning Support: Provide on-site support during machine commissioning and start-up, assisting with electrical system setup and configuration.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with mechanical engineers, software developers, project managers, and clients to deliver comprehensive and integrated solutions that meet customer requirements.
- Research and Development: Stay up to date with the latest advancements in electrical engineering, automation, and industrial technologies, applying new knowledge to enhance our products and services.
- Quality: Complete records and follow procedures in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Health And Safety: Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Paula Power on +353 (0)69 63842 Ext 312 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 22nd September 2023.