An excellent opportunity is now available for the following position:
Graduate Engineer – R&D
The successful candidate will carry out a key role in the R & D Department working closely with the R & D Supervisor on highly innovative automation projects. He/she will be involved in projects from design concept stage including prototyping, 3D printing, preparation of detailed drawings, product specifications and parts list development. He/she will support the development of such projects from design, build, test and report generation. Knowledge on project management would be an advantage but not a requirement. The successful candidate will be hired on an initial 18-month contract with the view to a long-term position in the Company.
- Third level qualification in Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical Engineering or other relevant related discipline.
- Previous exposure to R & D or Design Engineering, a distinct advantage.
- Experienced in Solidworks CAD package is essential.
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to compile test protocols and reports
- A highly innovative and creative individual with strong commercial awareness.
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of initiative.
- MS Project exposure, an advantage.
- Flexibility for travel.
- Utilising solidworks CAD package for design concepts, development reviews and final renders.
- Develop early low-resolution prototype models. Design jigs, fixtures and special purpose machinery for specific R & D Projects.
- New technology scoping.
- In conjunction with R & D Supervisor, liaise with customer/design department during design reviews and communication with internal departments as required.
- Work in conjunction with R & D Supervisor/electrical department on the specification of electrical requirements.
- Carry out customer product inspection/validation.
- Compile R & D test protocols and reports.
- Liaise with suppliers when required.
- Liaise closely with R & D supervisor to ensure smooth development of the project plan and assist in driving and achievement of the plan for specific allocated R & D projects.
- In conjunction with R & D Supervisor identify and support resolution of risks and issues throughout the project.
- Accompany an engineer for on-site customer visits, as required.
- Adhere to company standards for quality assurance and quality control including documents and procedures.
- Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR Department on +353 (0)69 63842 Ext. 312 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 24th July, 2019.