An excellent opportunity is now available for the following position:
Controls Design Engineer
The successful candidate will be required to determine and specify electrical requirements and create electrical designs for all machine builds, ensuring all associated documentation is complete. He/she will support projects from an electrical design perspective from the initial concept stage to final completion of each project.
- Third level qualification in Electrical/Electronic engineering, Electrical Apprenticeship or other relevant electrical design related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an electrical design role is essential
- Experience in instrumentation and control panels.
- Solidworks electrical experience is essential.
- Knowledge of Standards – EN 60204-1, EN 13849-1
- Proactive, excellent communication skills with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated individual with a high level of initiative.
- Attend initial design review meetings to discuss machine design and determine the electrical requirements.
- Create I//O lists based on mechanical design and client requirements and select the appropriate PLC Hardware.
- Tie in with Project Lead to determine specifications for components.
- Create initial power and control distribution lists/selection of suitable hardware for the Electricians to enable them to begin the panel building and wiring.
- Complete parts list for panel related components.
- Utilising Solidworks electrical to effectively design and manage all electrical schematics, panel layouts cable schedules and bill of materials for all components.
- Verification of safety control systems for machines using Sistema.
- Liaise with the Automation and Mechanical Design Engineers to ensure all electrical design revisions are up to date and consistent with any additions.
- Attend meeting as requested throughout the project.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while continuing to meet deadlines.
- End of project drawings update.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities requested by the Supervisor.
- Complete records and follow procedures in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in a highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR Department on +353 (0)69 63842 Ext 312 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 23rd November, 2018.