An excellent opportunity is now available for the following position:
The successful candidate will work in a team of Automation Engineers. PLC programming and HMI screen development are key aspects of this role, taking a lead role in assigned automation projects to ensuring on time, efficient and high quality delivery to the customer. He/she will work in a multi platform environment with software including but not limited to, Allen Bradley, Beckhoff and Siemens. Working closely with the engineering design team on the development of process flow diagrams, software design specifications and test plans will also be an integral part of the role. The candidate will require a strong background in automation/software development with an understanding of the full cycle of software/application development.
- Third level qualification in electronics, automation, computer science or other relevant engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in hands on PLC program development in one of the following:
- Allen-Bradley (Control/Compact Logix)
- Beckhoff (TwinCAT 3)
- Siemens (TIA Portal).
- Excellent understanding of machine automation logic and motion control.
- Experience in developing HMIs or other operator interfaces.
- Robotics integration experience an advantage but not essential. (KUKA, ABB, Fanuc).
- Machine vision integration experience an advantage but not essential (Cognex, Keyence).
- Working as part of a project team who design and build new automated machines to meet customer specific requirements.
- Strong communication and teamwork Skills.
- Self-motivated individual with a deadline oriented focus.
- Strong analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Current driving license and flexible to travel as required.
- Develop, install and debug code for new machines in line with specified customer requirements.
- Ensure all work carried out, is in compliance with the required standards, conforming to current GAMP levels.
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify software programs in house, on customer site and remotely.
- Develop process flow diagrams, software design specifications and test plans for automation projects working closely with the engineering design team.
- Develop and lead projects for PLC programming, HMI screen development, system integration and testing of same within the final machine to GAMP 5 Level.
- Ensure focus on the key principles of software quality – maintainability, dependability, efficiency & usability in terms of code structure, documentation, revision history and storage.
- The Automation Engineer will work and communicate closely with the automation team both in-house and external developers, project designers, electrician and operations to ensure all inputs and requirements are considered and projects of a high quality that comply with standards are delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Responsible for completing automation tasks within budget and schedule.
- Reporting on all project activity ensuring an up to date project status is readily available.
- Support more junior staff to ensure customer end goals are achieved.
- Organise and attend meetings and address any follow up actions as required.
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of different automation systems and new technologies.
- Provide technical support to customers and visit their sites when required.
- Complete records and follow procedures in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
SALARY / BENEFITS PACKAGE
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR Department on +353 (0)69 63842 Ext. 312 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 16th October 2020.