An excellent opportunity is now available for the following position:
Welding Robot Integrator
The successful candidate will be responsible to commission, program, and assist with the design of robotic systems. He/she will be expected to commission robot arm/controllers and any peripheral equipment controlled by the robot. A key aspect of the role will be to write robot software and programs per customer specifications. He/she will work with Controls and Design Engineers to prove out, debug the system, address and follow up on any issues.
- The successful candidate with hold a level 6 qualification in engineering, welding trade or equivalent mechanical related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with welding manufacturing process equipment required, including robot programming.
- Strong ability to be able to read and interpret blueprints and welding symbols.
- Must be able to use and read measuring equipment related to welding and weldment inspection.
- Knowledge of basic machining practices and materials as well as general mechanical knowledge.
- Experience and/or training with other robot manufacturers, an advantage.
- Robotic simulation or controls experience a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Work within a team to lead the setup of Robotic welding cells within the Company.
- Commissioning of KUKA Robot Systems from an “out of the box” state.
- Set up fixture and program weld paths along with other welding parameters for efficient production runs.
- Interact with various levels in the Company to design and fabricate fixtures.
- Program robots to specification and designed process, using platforms e.g. KUKA SIM, keeping in mind safety, quality, cycle time and adherence to standards.
- Develop robot programming techniques to utilise the equipment to its full potential.
- Test, debug and problem solve any issues that arise during the production run ensuring root cause analysis of machine and weld issues.
- Ensure all inspection and test results are recorded.
- Communicate and liaise closely with the team, internal departments, customers on queries/follow up required during all stages of the Robotic welding process, to ensure customer deadlines are achieved in an effective and efficient manner.
- Start-up and debug equipment at customer facility.
- Travel to end user for final installation commissioning and as required throughout the Project.
- Production support at customer facility.
- Ensure that all welding and testing equipment is operating as per manufacturer’s specifications and at peak performance
- Act as a mentor for other Welding Robot personnel that join the team.
- Maintain an awareness of welding developments within industry and potential new market areas.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is carried out on equipment.
- Maintain work area in a clean, neat and orderly condition.
- Complete records and follow procedures in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR Department on +353 (0)69 63842 Ext. 312 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 2nd April, 2019.