An excellent opportunity is now available in our Design Department for the following position:
Lead Design Engineer
The successful candidate will be required to lead the design team with the support of the Engineering Manager to design special purpose machines, jigs and fixtures for multiple industries. He/she will work closely with the customer and other internal departments on project specifications during design reviews. The person will also liaise with the Operations Manager throughout the design phase to ensure that production is prepared for the build.
The position will involve close communication with project management to ensure the smooth development of projects and adherence to project plan. Provision of technical advice throughout the project will also be a key aspect of this role.
- Third level engineering qualification in mechanical, electro-mechanical, design or other equivalent engineering discipline.
- 5 years experience in an engineering role in mechanical design, automation/machine building or manufacturing, with a high level of knowledge in automated production machines.
- Proficient in the navigation and use of SolidWorks.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving.
- Compile and prepare required project installation documentation, in line with agreed deadlines and standards for same.
- Compile and prepare operation manuals for projects, ensuring timely completion for machine installation.
- Documentation support for the service department.
- Effective and efficient communication and collaboration with all internal departments to ensure all required information is obtained, ensuring any changes or updates are taken into account for accurate documentation completion.
- Ensure all work is carried out adhering to project timelines and required processes.
- Ensure all documentation is produced to the highest standard of quality and ensure records in accordance with the Quality Management System and procedures are adhered to.
- Carry out all duties adhering to health and safety policy.
- Plan, organise and manage the design team with the support of the Engineering Manager to include delegation of work, task management, team meetings, advise on technical related issues, monitoring timelines and performance management of the team.
- Lead the design of jigs, fixtures and special purpose machinery for multiple industries and authorised for drawing sign off.
- Utilise solidworks CAD package for design concepts, development reviews and final renders.
- Communicate with relevant departments on project specifications and update team members.
- Technical liaison with customers during design reviews and conduct design review meetings and on-site customers visits.
- Produce engineering documents to include drawings, parts lists, story book documentation and adhere to CE standards on machine build and test specifications.
- Assist in estimating, scoping and manufacturing for proposed projects and visit client sites as required to estimate jobs and take required information.
- Liaise closely with Project Management to ensure smooth development of projects and adherence to project plan
- Analyze and solve technical related issues and provide technical advice during the assembly and automation phases regarding machine function, specifications and debug.
- Adherence to and development of design standards and guidelines and engage in process improvement activities.
- Investigate new technologies and apply to new designs.
- Provide guidance and development to the team.
- Adhere to company quality standards including all documentation and procedures.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Paula Power on +353 (0)69 63842 Ext. 312 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 4th April, 2018.