An excellent opportunity is now available in our Engineering Department for the following position:
Senior Design Engineer
The successful candidate will be responsible for project design from concept stage including preparation of detailed drawings, product specifications and parts list development. He/she will also support the project from a design perspective through the manufacturing build on any queries regarding function, specification and testing.
- Third level relevant qualification in mechanical engineering or other relevant related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a design role is essential
- Experienced in Solidworks CAD package is essential.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and exhibit a high degree of attention to detail.
- Self-motivated individual a high level of initiative.
- Utilising SolidWorks CAD package for design concepts, prepare detailed drawings for part and assembly design.
- Design jigs, fixtures and special purpose machinery for multiple industries.
- Liaise with customers during design reviews and meetings.
- Produce engineering documents to include drawings, project specifications, parts list and all technical construction documents, adhering to CE standards for machine build and test specifications.
- Authorised for drawing sign-off.
- Communicate with relevant departments on project specifications.
- Liaise closely with Project Management to ensure smooth development of the project and adherence to project plan.
- Support during the manufacturing phase regarding function, specifications and testing.
- Create, assess, modify 3D models and provide guidance to modelers, liaising closely with 3D modelers using communication platforms e.g. Microsoft teams, Word and Excel.
- Carry out customer product inspection/validation.
- Authorised to carry out internal and external tooling inspection, as required.
- Carry out on site customer visits.
- Adhere to company standards for quality assurance and quality control including documents and procedures.
- Ensure all work is carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in a highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our HR department on +353 (0)69 63842 Ext. 312 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 31st March 2023.