An excellent opportunity is now available for the following position:
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly driven and talented Project Manager who will be responsible to manage and drive multiple projects covering a wide and varied client base. He/she will focus on the development of project plans and will drive an internal cross functional team to ensure project deadlines are achieved. Tracking the progress of machine build projects, managing any changes to the project, monitoring resource and budget allocation and ensuring up to date communication on progress/changes to all stakeholders are key aspects of the role. He/she will be the direct point of contact with all customers, maintaining and developing excellent client relationships, providing regular project status updates and prompt response to all queries.
- Third level engineering, project management or other relevant qualification.
- 5 years plus experience in a Project Management role.
- Strong leadership and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Self-motivated individual with a deadline oriented focus.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Computer skills –Microsoft project training. MS Office applications.
- Develop a detailed project plan for a number of machine build projects, having assigned the project to the system on receipt of the Purchase Order.
- Work with department leaders to develop project tasks, identify resource requirements and set clear and measurable project targets and timelines.
- Lead and drive a cross functional team (assembly, production, toolroom, electrical controls, automation, services) to ensure all project timelines are being met.
- Identify, manage and support resolution of risks and issues throughout the project.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and cross functional team and agree/follow up on all actions required to be addressed. Chair Project Management meetings.
- Day to day management and tracking of all project delivery matters, revision of schedule, project record maintenance, reporting and communication to all stakeholders.
- Manage client communication ensuring project progress results are communicated as required, update of client portal and prompt address of any queries that arise, ensuring a professional relationship is maintained at all times.
- Organise and attend meetings with customers, record and share meeting minutes and address any follow up actions.
- Monitor budget and support cost and management accounting by providing project cost breakdown.
- Liaise and work effectively with internal departments ensuring that all inputs and requirements are considered.
- Complete records and follow procedures in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in a highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Paula Power on +353 (0)69 63842 Ext 312 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 8th December, 2017.