- Design an assembly and packaging line manufactured for a Filtration Component.
- 4 different product sizes and 2 variations thus accounting for 8 versions.
- Product required to be flow wrapped in sterilised pouches.
- Design and installation confined to a specific production line floor space.
- Control system needed to be Allen Bradley thus all drives the same and utilizing a device-net base network.
- Minimal mechanical changeovers as possible, with all machine components adhering to a clean room classification.
- Line required to produce 1200 units per hour.
- A successful new production line based on a simplistic approach to the automation solution – a solution that was not over engineered.
- 20 week project timeline with timely design reviews showing milestone processes at each stage of the project right through to the installation and site acceptance testing.
- The final outcome of the project was a fully automated line taking the components through 16 operations ranging from:
- Pick & Place operations
- Linear walking beams
- Lid & base Escapement systems
- Bottle tray conveyor transfer & stacking
Benefit to the Customer
- Improved Quality
- Reduced headcount and product handling
- Increased machine availability
- Reduced production cost