An excellent opportunity for an experienced Researcher to get involved in a renewable energy project is now available:
Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska – Curie Individual Fellowship (IF)
DesignPro has recently secured EU Funding from Horizon 2020’s SME Instrument to commercialise 25kW and 60kW small-scale hydrokinetic river turbines. This project will see the build and deployment of a 25kW device in 2017 and the build and deployment of a 60kW device in 2018 at certified river test sites for environmental and operational testing prior to commercialisation.
- 4 Years Minimum Full Time Research Experience or hold a PhD before the September 2017 deadline.
- Less than 3 years in the last 5 years in the host country (Ireland).
- Expertise in the following areas would be beneficial for this project:
- Environmental Impact Assessments (particularly in rivers);
- Socio-Economic Research;
- Marine Environmental Research and
- Community Impact.
- Experience in renewable energy river deployments or hydrokinetic river turbines would be a distinct advantage.
POTENTIAL RESEARCH PROJECT
Following successful environmental impact assessments, effective monitoring of the first deployment will be crucial to re-assure all stakeholders that the company takes the environment seriously. The potential research project will be focused on both the environmental and societal impact of DesignPro’s river turbines. The aim would be to develop a monitoring system protocol for future commercial deployments. This system needs to be cost effective and easily repeated at diverse potential deployment sites.
The aim of the project would be to develop a protocol that can be replicated during the evaluation of commercial sites on the following topics:
- Work with the certified test site on identification of flora and fauna that may be impacted during demonstration.
- Work with the certified test site to evaluate the effectiveness of Environmental Impact measures.
- Develop Environmental and Social Impact Assessment Systems that will integrate with resource assessment protocol and rank resource sites.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Paula Power on +353 (0)69 63842.
The closing date for this position is Friday 1st September to allow for adequate time to jointly complete the application form before the 14th September deadline.
More information on this Fellowship can be found in the Guide of Applicants.