An excellent opportunity is now available in our Controls Department for the following position:
The successful candidate will hold a level 6 electrical qualification. In addition, a third level engineering qualification in the area electrical, industrial automation/robotics or equivalent is required. A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in electrical/automation systems role involving supervision/team leadership is required.
Experience in Solidworks Electrical is required.
The successful candidate will lead the electrical controls team and will be exposed to the most up to date technologies and systems associated with automation and machine building. A high level of initiative and adaptability is required with flexibility to travel to customer sites.
- Co-ordinate all activities associated with the build and installation of electrical control panels/systems.
- Plan, organize and manage resources to ensure all electrical control activities meet the client specification.
- Liaise with department heads regarding timing of jobs/release of machines to the controls department to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Design all electrical systems in solid works electrical as per specification created by the Design team.
- Work with Safety Systems, Electronics, PLC’s, Servo Drives, Industrial Networks, Vision Systems and Robotics.
- Wiring and manufacture of control panels to suit any machine designed by the Company.
- Carry out full electrical testing on all machines and provide electrical certification on same.
- Routine checking of all types of electrical systems, including fault finding and repair.
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify software programs.
- Consult with mechanical and design engineering on electrical/automation issues.
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of different automation systems.
- Attend internal meetings and ensure controls team are communicated all relevant information.
- Provide technical support to customers and visit their sites when required.
- Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to quality and health and safety policy.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to email@example.com or contact Paula Power on +353 (0)69 63842 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 20th September, 2017.