DesignPro Renewables is a new start up within the DesignPro Organisation. We are working on the development of a unique design of hydrokinetic turbines. We plan to take these turbines through the final development phase and to full commercialisation by 2019.
We now have a position for talented and creative individual to work with our Research and Development and Operations teams. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team under the leadership of a highly experienced management team in the commercialisation of a new and exciting renewables product.
Mechanical Design Engineer
This is a technical role that will compliment and support the engineering team.
You will play a key role in the Design Department producing high quality drawing packs for the purpose of manufacture. The role also requires competency in component structural analysis. You will collaborate with other design teams within the project and as such you will need good communication skills.
The role involves collaboration with the assembly team following on to validation and inspection on the shop floor of the mechanical systems and the subsequent onsite support during deployment.
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering.
- Fully conversant with SolidWorks
- Experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment, desirable but not essential.
- Experience in sheet metal & fabrication, desirable but not essential.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Effective organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and multi task to meet tight deadlines.
- An enthusiastic and “can do” attitude
- Willing to travel and work weekends, when required.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- EU Work Permit
- Produce SolidWorks models/drawings working from concepts/layout drawings.
- Structural analysis of components for the purpose of optimisation of production.
- Production and maintenance of technical documentation as required.
- Ensure that products meet all mandatory legislation (Design RA, CE Manuals).
- Constant interrogation of product design to identify and implement cost savings and manufacturing/process improvements which includes reliability and certification protocols are adhered to.
- Support prototyping and testing.
- Work closely with the project teams to meet the scheduled requirements.
- Technical support for incidences arising from the assembly, installation or turbine operation.
- Collaborate with cross functional engineering teams in the electrical, controls, deployment and grid connection tasks.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated company which offers a great work environment, professional development, career opportunity and attractive remuneration, please submit your CV to email@example.com or contact Paula Power on +353 (0)69 63842 Ext. 312 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 11th May, 2018.